Every Winter, many parts of the country gets snow. And enough snow falls that people can collect the snow to do a lot of things from building snowmen, throwing snowballs, building luge tracks like the video below, and making snow cream!
Last week, Alabama got a couple of inches of snow which causes chaos because people can not drive on snow and ice in the south. So I collected the dry powdery snow to make some snow cream. If you are thinking about making some snow cream when snow falls, make sure you have these ingredients before the snow falls. You would not want to be stranded, do you? Here’s what you need!
6 cups of fresh snow
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk or half and half
1. Combine sugar, vanilla extract, and milk/half and half in a bowl and mix well. You can substitute the milk for chocolate milk if you like!
2. Take two cups of fresh snow at a time, and mix together with the cream mixture.
3. You can serve right away or better, place in freezer for around 15-30 minutes to let firm.
There you go! This is a recipe you can only enjoy a few times every year, unless you have a snow machine!
Here is another Christmas cookie recipe you could do. Everyone should love chocolate! Chocolate is a Christmas favorite and if you love chocolate, you will love this cookie recipe. This chocolate cookie is covered in powdered sugar for that extra sweet touch! Here’s what you need.
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup confectioners sugar.
1. In a bowl, mix together cocoa powder, sugar, and oil. Then add in one egg in a time and mix well!
2. Combine flour, vanilla extract, salt, and baking soda and mix well! Then place dough in freezer for one hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with wax paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Roll dough into one inch balls, then coat each ball with confectioners sugar. Then place onto cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let baked cookies stand on cookie sheet for 15 minutes before transferring to wire rack.
Yum! Enjoy eating these chocolate rich cookies. I liked sugar-coating these cookies because it looks like snow, something you expect for Christmas!
Yes, I made a strawberry pie before on this blog. But I wanted to come back and make another version of this classic pie. This pie involves no baking after your bake you pie shell. All you have to do is fill in the ingredients, and put in the fridge. If you want to see the first strawberry pie recipe that involves baking, go to: http://geekalabama.com/2012/04/09/fresh-baked-strawberry-pie/
Here’s what you need!
One pie crust, baked
4 cups fresh strawberries
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Bake your pie crust in a pie pan. Follow the directions on the box.
2. Take 2 cups of strawberries and slice in half. Fill the sliced strawberries in the baked pie crust.
3. Take the other 2 cups and smash the strawberries. Put the strawberries in a saucepan along with sugar and bring to a boil while stirring!
4. Reduce heat and add in water and cornstarch. Stir mixture until it’s thickened in around 10 minutes.
5. Pour mixture into pie. Make sure the mixture inside the pie is even.
6. Place pie in the fridge and let cool for several hours or overnight.
This pie is something anyone can do and it’s super easy! I hope you enjoy!
I wanted to do a simple and quick recipe that I know you would enjoy. Why not make some simple homemade sugar cookies with a cream cheese frosting on top. These cookies were soft and chewy! This could be something you can do during the long Memorial Day weekend! Here’s what you need:
So I wanted to make another pie for Easter Sunday. And since my younger brother loves anything chocolate. I decided to make a fudge pie. The big difference is this pie has an outer crust. But the inside is soft and fudgy! Here’s what you need to make this pie!
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1 pre-made pie crust
1. Layer the pie crust on the bottom of the pie baking pan.
2. Melt the butter in a pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar. Then add in eggs and melted butter.
4. Mix mixture well! Then pour mixture into pie pan. Bake pie for around 30 minutes.
5. Take pie out of oven. Pie mixture on the inside will still be a little runny. Let pie cool completely then place in fridge for 1-2 hours.
Enjoy this yummy pie! It should be a hit at any dinner party!