It’s Halloween time, one of the top holidays for geeks and nerds every year! So, to get everyone ready in the spirit, I made a recipe that took peanut butter cookies, frosting, and Whoppers, and made them spooky and Halloween like! Here’s what you need!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar
- 1 tub of vanilla frosting
- Red and/or black decorator frosting in tubes
- 48 Whoppers Malted Milk Balls
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat the peanut butter and shortening until well blended.
2. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix until well combined.
3. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla extract, mix until well blended.
4. Add the flour, salt, and baking soda, mix everything until well blended!
5. Shape dough into two-inch balls. Roll each cookie ball in granulated sugar, and place onto greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake the cookies for around 10 minutes in a 375 degree oven. When cookies come out of oven, press down on the cookie so the top is flat!
7. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then move cookies to wire rack, cool completely!
8. Frost each cookie with vanilla frosting, take one Whopper candy and place on top of each frosted cookie.
9. Use the red and/or black frosting and decorate each cookie to look like a person’s eye.
Now each cookie looks like someone has dry eyes! These would go great after your kids come back from trick-or-treating!