First I wanted to show off my new logo for A Guy’s Cuisine which I designed myself! I think this logo looks great! And sorry Alabama fans; I am an Auburn fan and used a Auburn coffee cup!
So for my first recipe with the new logo I decided to make something yummy! I saw something online where you can make a brownie in a coffee cup. I thought this was something that could not be done. But after I tried it I became a believer! With the weather getting cooler nothing is better than a warm brownie! Here is what you need:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- pinch of salt
- ice cream
- coffee mug
1. Combine all ingredients except ice cream into a coffee mug.
2. Mix ingredients together thoroughly!
3. Microwave for 1 minute and 40 seconds. Do not overcook!
4. Take out of microwave and top with ice cream and enjoy!
This recipe is so easy anyone can do it. And I have created a nice infographic where you can print out and stick anywhere. Believe me; you will want to print this off because you will fall in love with brownies in a coffee cup!
- Mug Brownies (sumidacomida.wordpress.com)
- What’s in Your Mug? (cookingwithchar.wordpress.com)
- Coffee Mug Chocolate Cake (jovialannette.wordpress.com)
- Microwavable Brownies ~ Post-election Comfort Food (bandbbuildalife.com)
This time I decided to make some brownies from a great recipe I found online. But I added a twist. I put in some mints to give it a great taste. And I also doubled the original recipe because I only have a big pan. Here’s what you need.
- 1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Andes baking chips
1. Mix all of the ingredients together. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease pan.
2. Pour in one cup of Andes mint baking chips.
3. Pour mixture into pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Check middle with knife to see if it’s done.
4. After done baking; enjoy!
It has been a while since I cooked something from scratch and posted the recipe here on Geek Alabama. But let me tell you; this brownie recipe is to die for. I just tried them and they are very good. The frosting on top is what makes this brownie great. Here is the recipe for the brownies.
Start by melting a stick of butter (1/2 cup) in a saucepan.
Combine the 1 cup sugar; 2 eggs; vanilla extract; and melted butter.
Then combine the mixture with the cocoa powder; flour; salt; and baking powder. Then pour the batter into a greased and floured pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Do not overcook.
To make the frosting; you will need.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
Combine the ingredients into a bowl.
Then spread the frosting over the hot brownies. Let cool.
These brownies are very good! I hope you enjoy making and eating them.
- Cocoa Brownies (hookedontaste.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Healthy Brownies (missyskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Brownies for Breakfast (fitchickdiaries.wordpress.com)
- Brownies (meggieskitchen.wordpress.com)
- PMS brownies (lolablueblog.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Spirit – Warm Chocolate Brownies (dropnpop.wordpress.com)
- Apples and Cream Caramel Brownies (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Vegan Chocolate Brownies? (snackarator.wordpress.com)
- Turtle Brownies (thingskaylikes.wordpress.com)