No doubt, rainbows are so hot right now! Rainbows are an optical and meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection of light in water droplets in the Earth’s atmosphere, resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky. Rainbows caused by sunlight always appear in the section of sky directly opposite the sun. The colors of a rainbow are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.
Here are some famous rainbows, remember the Double Rainbow song? Look at that double rainbow!
In food, there is the candy Skittles. You get the rainbow taste in each handful!
In Phineas and Ferb, the character Meap uses a rainbow ray as a weapon.
And in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, there is Rainbow Dash. The fastest flyer in all of Equestria!
So I decided to make something that would use rainbow colors. I made a cupcake that is a little sour. This cupcake is not something most kids would enjoy. I guess you can say this is a cupcake for adults! Here’s what you need.
- 3 cups Jiffy Baking Mix
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup water
- 3-5 packages, Kool-Aid drink mix
- 1 container whipped topping
1. Mix together all the ingredients. Mix well! Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Evenly divide the batter into five separate bowls.
3. Mix in 1/4 teaspoon of drink mix into each bowl. Use a different color in each bowl.
4. Stir each bowl well!
5. Pour batter into muffin cups. Layer one color at a time.
6. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
7. Cool completely! Then mix 1/4 teaspoon drink mix with whipped topping. Stir well! Then place whipped topping on each cupcake.
There you go! When you cut a cupcake in half, you will see the five color rainbow layer! This cupcake is sour and sweet, your kids might not like this cupcake because they are used to those sugar packed cupcakes. But I think you will like it!
- Animation Monday: Five Kids Cartoons Adults Watch (geekalabama.com)
- Animation Monday: Review of Double Rainboom (geekalabama.com)
- Why are rainbows in an arc shape? (asdfscience.com/)