People in the south love their sweet tea! Sure, some people can not stand the sweetness of the tea. But just about everyone in Alabama will drink sweet tea almost on a daily basis. Most people will buy their sweet tea at the store and that can get expensive. So why not brew your own sweet tea at home. It’s not hard to do and this tea tastes just right! Here is what you need:
- 12 regular sized tea bags
- 1 gallon pitcher
- big stove top pan
- 1 cup sugar
1. Fill your 1 quart stove top pan 3/4 full with water. Let the water come to a boil.
2. When the water reaches a boil, put in 12 tea bags. Use spoon to push tea bags down into the water.
3. Remove pan from heat and cover with a lid. Let the pan sit there and “steep” for around 10 minutes. Tea that isn’t steeped properly will taste very bad!
4. Put 1 cup of sugar into the gallon pitcher. Add 2 inches of water and stir well!
5. When the teabags are done steeping, pour the liquid into your pitcher. Use a spoon to hold back the tea bags so they will not fall into the pitcher.
6. If needed, add extra water to the pitcher until it reaches the 1 gallon mark.
7. Add ice to the tea so it can cool. Place pitcher into fridge.
Enjoy! What could be better than freshly brewed sweet tea!
- What is “Sweet” Tea? (onetallpoppy.com)
- Off-Topic: A Gamer Friendly Recipe for Sweet Tea (gamedelver.wordpress.com)
- Recipe of the Month: Sweet Tea (southerngalscook.com)