I wanted to make another dessert for Geek Alabama Birthday Week that I could take to other people. Think about it; trying to take an ice cream cake around in a car would not be very pretty. So I decided to make some brown sugar cookies. And the people I gave them too said they were very good! Here is what you need.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream the shortening, brown sugar, and egg together.
2. Put corn syrup into bowl and mix. Then put in cake flour, cinnamon, baking soda and mix well.
3. Pinch a piece of dough (1 tablespoon) and place onto baking sheet. Bake cookies for around 10 minutes.
4. Let cool for around 5 minutes then move to wire rack and cool completely.
These cookies were very chewy and tasted good! Enjoy these cookies!
- Making an Ice Cream Cake (geekalabama.com)
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (guyscuisine.com)
- Cookies For People and Dogs (guyscuisine.com)