Tonight I wanted to show off someone who did a crazy stunt to earn some free Gadsden Riverfest tickets. The fine folks from the Steve and Julie Show and 97.9 WVOK asked people “What would you do to win Riverfest tickets?” And Jeffrey Leachman told them he would wear a girl’s costume and a wig along Quintard Ave. while holding a sign. Well just watch the video below and you will laugh as well.
The Amandas Closet Makeover
First here is an announcement from KC Projects L.L.C. about The Amandas. You have to be excited about this!
The Amandas are holding a contest and have lots of entries! But they are also looking for people in Alabama to enter the contest. So what are you waiting for? The Amandas are partnering with Freedom Rail Closet Systems to provide one lucky winner with a $1000 closet of choice, $500 worth of organizing products from The Amandas, and Amanda LeBlanc, herself, to do the organizing. That’s right – Amanda LeBlanc, star of the hit reality show “The Amandas” on Style Network, will come to your house, along with some of your favorite cast members from the show, to transform your humdrum storage space into an absolute dream. Read the rules below and enter. Let’s get someone from Alabama to win this!
1. To participate in the contest, please make sure that you “like” THE AMANDAS Facebook page. Users must first like The Amandas, and then tag us in a post that says “I love THE AMANDAS, and I want a closet makeover!” If you are unsure how to tag, just type @The Amandas when writing your post, and click on our page.
2. Next, be sure to visit “The Amandas” page on the Style Network website, mystyle.com, at http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/theamandas/index.jsp and tell them that you LOVE The Amandas and want to see us back for a season two.
3. Once you have tagged us on Facebook and visited the MyStyle page, send us an email at email@example.com and explain to us why you need a closet makeover (300 words max). In addition to your written entry, be sure to include the following:
a. Screenshots or links to your posts tagging The Amandas on Facebook.
b. Screenshots or links to your post on the mystyle.com page.
c. Images of the closet that you want to make over.
4. We will choose a winner at the end of May, and one of you will receive a brand new CLOSET MAKEOVER, courtesy of Freedom Rail and THE AMANDAS.
Note: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. The participant understands that he or she is providing information to The Amandas and not to Facebook. Winner will be notified via email, as well as an announcement posted on The Amandas Facebook Page.
James Spann Window Cling
The folks from ABC 33/40 love James Spann so much they decided to create a sticker for your car so you can show off your love for James Spann as well. ABC 33/40 wants everyone to get the James Spann window cling. And they are wanting everyone to spread the word as they are free! Here are the details.
Help us spread the lifesaving message of severe weather safety! Get your James Spann “Do You Have a Plan” window cling today. Send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: ABC 33/40, c/o James Spann Sticker, P.O. Box 360039 Birmingham, AL 35236.
- Sunday Discussion: Big Brains Media (geekalabama.com)
- James Spann, TV weatherman, fears his effort during April 27 tornadoes wasn’t good enough (slideshow, video) (al.com)
- The Amanda’s Meet and Greet (youngsblog.com)
This week on Roadscapes Wednesday I went down to a new bridge being built on AL Highway 22 near Alexander City, Alabama. The old bridge crossing on Hillabee Creek is out of date and needed to be replaced. The new bridge has been under construction since 2010 and is almost complete. The road around the bridge is also being redone with wider lanes and full shoulders on both sides. Very soon the new road and bridge is going to be complete and that should make everyone happy! Enjoy the photos below!
- Roadscapes Wednesday: I-59 Work (geekalabama.com)
- Roadscapes Wednesday (geekalabama.com)
- Roadscapes Wednesday (geekalabama.com)