This week I did something a little more complicated. It took a few hours to make the bread but at the end the taste is worth it. And on the plus side I have plenty of bread to give away.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup raisins
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water, and set aside until yeast is frothy.
2. Mix in eggs, milk, sugar, butter, salt, and raisins. Then stir in the flour and yeast and mix very well into a stiff dough.
3. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for a few minutes. Place dough in a large greased mixing bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and allow to rise until doubled.
4. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle 1/2 inch thick. Moisten dough with 2 tablespoons milk. Then spread cinnamon sugar mixture onto dough.
5. Roll up dough into a roll. Cut into thirds if you want. Then let dough rise for one hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Bake for 45 minutes and take out when its lightly brown on top. Check inside to see if it’s done. Let cool then slice!
As you can see I made one very big loaf. I did not split the loaf into three’s. I will have plenty of bread leftover’s to give away.
Enjoy some sliced bread with some butter and some milk. This bread is very good and this was a great project.
- Raisin Pull Apart Bread – Part 1 (averilgomes.wordpress.com)
- Raisin Pull Apart Bread – Part 2 (averilgomes.wordpress.com)
- Snickerdoodle Bread (21nogluten.wordpress.com)