I can not believe that the 2012 election season is around the corner. The Iowa caucus is less than a week away! So far this election season has seen its ups and downs. Many of the candidates have led the polls at some time before reality sets in and the poll numbers go down. Mostly because the candidate has some scandal that they tried to cover up but got exposed. Herman Cain was a huge front-runner before his scandal got exposed and now he is out of the race. Newt Gingrich had the lead at one point but bad stuff about him got exposed and now he has dropped. One thing is now very certain; it is anyone’s race to win. And you know that Obama just loves the attacks between all of the Republican candidates. My feelings tell me that it is down to three candidates with maybe one dark horse that could win the Republican nomination.
Mitt Romney: The former Massachusetts governor has run a good campaign and has been out of the trouble spotlight the most. The one thing Republican voters do not like about him is he pushed mandatory healthcare in Massachusetts. Another dislike is he is Mormon. But I believe Romney still has the best chance to defeat Obama in 2012. But Romney has run a very clean campaign up to this point and has some very good plans to turn this country around and create jobs.
Newt Gingrich: Gingrich has been in the bad spotlight in the last few weeks because of some controversies like taking money from Freddie Mac. But Gingrich has great experience as he was once the speaker of the house under Clinton. He is already well-known in Washington and that could help turn things around to end the printing presses and create jobs. But will the bad news machine end for Gingrich?
Ron Paul: The one guy who has been running for president it seems like forever is now up in the polls and might win Iowa. He has some very crazy ideas that some Republicans voters want like returning to the gold standard and ending some government agencies. The one problem is some of his ideas like about Iran might be a turn off for some voters. We will see.
One thing is for sure; this is promising to be one crazy election season in 2012. I am going to provide more election coverage on Young’s Blog in 2012 and I hope you join me!
- Why Gingrich Remains Most Likely to Win (thestreet.com)
- Romney’s ‘Inevitability’ May Make It So (forbes.com)
- US elections 2012: Newt Gingrich ‘goes negative’ to save Iowa campaign (telegraph.co.uk)
- CNN/TIME/ORC Poll: Gingrich Collapse Fuels Santorum Surge in Iowa, Solidifies Romney Lead in New Hampshire (swampland.time.com)
- Pro-Romney group launches new attack ad on Gingrich (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- How does the Iowa Caucus work? (5440fight.com)
- Romney, Gingrich spar as Iowa caucus looms (vancouversun.com)
- “Apolitical” Occuliars to Protest Republican Iowa Caucus (rogueoperator.wordpress.com)
- Iowa caucuses have hogged first place in our political line too long (stevebuttry.wordpress.com)